Membership in the A.L.B.G.: Licensed
Licensed membership in the Association is open to all individuals who have successfully passed the licensing process and actively maintain a valid guide license. Only licensed members may hold office in the organization and only licensed members may place motions before the ALBG, participate in discussions on motions and vote on Association business. Annual dues for licensed members are set at $50 per year. To join the Association as a licensed member OR to renew your membership please download the LICENSED MEMBER APPLICATION (linked below,) fill it out and mail it to the Association post box along with a check for annual dues. If you would prefer to pay by credit card please click the link below. Mail your completed form in with the notation “Paid online by credit card.”
Membership in the A.L.B.G.: Associate
In 1988 the Association opened up membership to anyone interested in joining by establishing an “Associates” category. Associate membership in the ALBG is open to anyone with an interest in the battle in general and guiding in particular who does not hold a valid guide license. Associates are entitled to all the privileges of membership licensed guides have except that they may not vote or participate in ALBG business meetings. (Please note that some business items may necessitate the meeting being adjourned to “Executive Session” open only to licensed members.) Among the benefits are:
- Participation in ALBG Continuing Education programs & field trips.
- Quarterly issues of the newsletter ” The Battlefield Dispatch “
- Annual Association Day Trip to a Civil War Battlefield or related site.
- Participation in the ALBG Family Picnic – generally in July
- Invitation to attend our annual banquet and Visiting Scholar’s programs.
- Ability to take advantage of any ALBG book discounts.
- First hand news of what’s going on in the park and town.
- Fellowship with individuals who share common interests
The annual dues for ” Associate ” membership is set at $25.00 per year for individual memberships OR $35 per year to include spouse/family. Download, print and complete the ASSOCIATE MEMBER APPLICATION and mail it with your dues check to: Association of Licensed Battlefield Guides Attn: Membership P.O. Box 4152 Gettysburg, PA 17325 If you would like to pay your dues online please click the link below. You should also complete and mail in the application form. Make a notation on the form that you already submitted the annual dues via an online credit card payment.