Reservations for guide services can be made in up to 48-hours in advance. If you know when you will be visiting the park and desire to guarantee the services of your own personal guide for you or your family, be certain to make arrangements well in advance. The best way to do this is to call the ALBG Reservations line at 717-337-1709. This phone may be answered when someone is working in the guide office but that is rare since most guides are out on the battlefield touring. We have no full-time office employees but rely on an answering machine. Please leave a message with the information requested below. This machine is checked each evening, seven days a week around 5 PM and someone from the Association will be back in touch to finalize your arrangements. generally the same evening you call but certainly within 24 hours of your call.
DO NOT CALL BACK BEFORE THAT TIME as it will result in duplicate reservations.
Our rates for personal guided tours of the Gettysburg battlefield are set by the Federal Government and are for minimum tour lengths of two (2) hours:
$63 for 1 to 6 people.
$83 for 7 to 15 people.
$132 for 16 people and up.
For the extended 3-Hour enhanced tour, the fee is pro-rated for account for the additional hour. This specified fee is per car / vehicle and NOT per person.
$94.50 for 1 to 6 people.
$124.50 for 7 to 15 people.
$198.00 for 16 people and up.
Alternately, the Gettysburg Heritage Center, located at 297 Steinwehr Avenue is also accepting reservations for Guide-led auto tours. You may contact them directly at 717-334-6245. You may also make a reservation for a car, van, or bus tour through the Gettysburg Foundation at the Museum and Visitor Center. You may contact them directly at 717-334-2346 or through their website at www.gettysburgfoundation.org.
1. During the busy travel months MAY THROUGH AUGUST tour requests must be made a MINIMUM of FIVE days before the date of your requested tours. We will NOT be able to locate a tour guide with open time on their scheduled anytime within. that short period.
2. During the off-season, SEPTEMBER THROUGH APRIL tour requests can be accepted up to two days before your planned visit. Requests of less than 48 hours in advance of your requested time will not be accepted. Arrange to make your reservation as far in advance as possible.
3. Guide reservations are for personal tours in YOUR VEHICLE.
4. Upon request, your guide will drive your vehicle, to allow you maximum opportunity to look around and actually see the battlefield without worrying about traffic. There is no additional charge for this service.
5. Name requests for a specific guide will be honored when possible. Should the named guide not be available another will be contacted.
6. Tour fees are established annually by the US Department of the Interior / National Park Service. This fee is payable directly to the individual guide at the time of the tour. Gratuities are at your discretion. When booking through a third party (Gettysburg Heritage Center, Gettysburg Foundation, etc.) the fee will be collected by those parties.
7. Only officially tested and licensed Guides are legally permitted to conduct paid tours of the battlefield. All such individuals are required to wear the badge of the LBG (depicted above). Guides hired through our office OR through the National Park Visitor Center will be wearing this badge. Other types of private tour companies utilize the NPS uniformed Licensed Battlefield Guide. Other individuals and companies using non-authorized guides are to be taken at your own risk. They have no relationship with the National Park Service, are not tested and licensed to ensure quality, and are not bound by Park Service regulations. ONLY NPS Licensed Guides wearing the authorized badge are permitted to accept fees for conducting tours of the Gettysburg National Military Park.
Many of our partner companies listed below are also permitted to resume operations. Please contact them if interested in inquiring about scheduling their tours.
Please note that we can ONLY accept reservations for individuals and commercial tour companies desiring personal guides for battlefield tours in cars, vans, or buses. Those desiring guided horse tours, motorcycle tours, bicycle tours, or guided segway tours must make those reservations through the websites of those companies. They do use only NPS-licensed guides but handle their own reservations. As a convenience, you will find links to those below. ALBG bears no responsibility for the actions of these companies or consequences that may arise in your dealing with these organizations. The links are provided as a convenient courtesy. Just as you can hire an LBG to give you and your family a tour in your own vehicle, these companies hire our LBG’s to conduct tours using their own unique forms of transportation.
Updated: June 20, 2022